News on Microsoft SDK?

Hey guys, I’ve been waiting forever on that SDK Microsoft promised. Any news when will that come out?

I heard it was going to come out April. I dunno with Microsoft but theres supposed to be another commercial SDK out.

I’m guessing it’ll come out around June.

I’m just hoping it will come out this April! Me and my brother are planning to use it for something. πŸ˜€

Just saw this at the site.

Microsoft SDK Site Launched

Hope it helps mates! Let’s start anticipating those hacks.

love it! at least we’re not in the dark anymore

@Bill THANKS MAN!

WHOAH THE WEBSITE IS OUT?! we have to go and see!

its going to be out may 16. better mark your calendars

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† thought it was on june! early christmas for me!

and it draws near.

Here are some of the features we can expect from the SDK. I got this from the MS Kinect Website.

With this SDK, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
-The latest advances in audio processing, which include a four-element microphone array with sophisticated acoustic noise and echo cancellation for crystal clear audio.
-Sound source localization for beamforming, which enables the determination of a sound’s spatial location, enhancing reliability when integrated with the Microsoft speech recognition API.
-Depth data, which provides the distance of an object from the Kinect camera, as well as the raw audio and image data, which together open up opportunities for creating richer natural user interface experiences.
-Highly performant and robust skeletal tracking capabilities for determining the body positions of one or two persons moving within the Kinect field of view.
-Documentation for the APIs and a description of the SDK architecture.
-Sample code that demonstrates how to use the functionality in the SDK.

This SDK is intended for non-commercial use to enable experimentation in the world of natural user interface experiences, with new state-of-the-art features planned for future releases that will continue to provide new ways to experiment.

From the looks of it, the SDK will carry a more refined and user-friendly platform for existing features. It might also take away the need to use 3rd party toolkits to create program uses. The Kinect then, is the all-you-need Kinect hacking tools in one.

Anybody knows if this SDK toolkit will be free?

Thanks!

Hey where is it? Isn’t it May 16 already here? Or will we wait for US time?

Besides, I don’t see in the website that the release will be May 16. I wonder if Microsoft will stay true to their word.

Its now june and still no SDK πŸ™

kinect sdk source code page : http://kinectsdk.codeplex.com/

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/ … kinectsdk/

It’s out! DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW! πŸ˜€